Saturday 14 May 2011

It's been a while...

Sorry I haven't updated for a couple of months, but that means I've got lots of photos to share with you. Work has been getting in the way a bit, but I've still been managing to get out as often as possible.
A couple of weeks ago it was a beautiful Sunday. Perfect weather, so I decided to drive up north and see what was going on. I went to Kyloe first and there were no cars, so I decided to head over to Bowden taking the back road so I could enjoy the views. There were no cars at Kyloe-In or Back Bowden and only one car at Bowden! I wonder how many people were queuing at Stanage that day?
The climbers at Bowden were two friendly guys from Scotland, Duncan and Ewan, enjoying the sunshine and getting the classics ticked.

Duncan on 'Overhanging Crack' E2 5c

Duncan on 'Canada Crack' HVS 5a

I've been up to Callerhues a couple of times recently. It's in great condition at the moment, but despite the non-stop sunshine we've had recently, it's a crag that has its own weather system...

A wet day at Callerhues

I took Jimmy Hunter up to Redheugh for some photos. It's always good to hang out with Jimmy and talk about the good old days when we were both a bit stronger...

Here's Jimmy on a highball 6b+

Jimmy on 'Easier' 6a
It's a pity Redheugh isn't a bit closer to the road, but it makes up for that by having great views out over The Cheviots.
Next up is a rare trip out by the legendary Peter Tinmouth. Peter is famous for his awesome, back-breaking fall from the top of Peak Technique. If you haven't seen the video, count yourself lucky...

Peter Tinmouth on 'Bottomless Crack', Raven's Crag, HVS 5b

Also at Raven's Crag, here's Katie...

Katie Mundy on 'LH Hole' 6b


Shaftoe gets pretty popular on these longer evenings. All the locals know it's a fantastic mid-grade bouldering venue. I'm surprised (but thankful) that more people don't travel here from further away. 

Nicole McGregor bouldering at Salter's Nick

Nicole McGregor bouldering at Salter's Nick

Andy Sandercock on 'Incipient Crack' 6a

Chris Morrish on 'Surprising Solution' 7a

Super-strong Joanne Quinan on 'Surprising Solution' 7a

Danka and I spent an evening at Gimmerknowe and we were joined by some inquisitive sheep...

Danka Kudlacik on 'Leaning Wall' 5+

I'll be updating the blog in the next couple of days, so check back very, very soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment